Sunday, November 28, 2010

Melatonin

 
 Have you ever had those nights where you just couldn't sleep and wish there was something you could do? Or you take prescription sleeping pills, but they leave you some what in a stupor or groggy when you first wake up? Plus I know people who have to be careful on or they do things they don't remember.
Well I have been there. I once had a physicians assistant recommend Melatonin as an alternative.  They are all natural and supposedly good for you. I was skeptic I tried some before, but didn't think they worked. Recently I decided to give them a real shot. Guess what! They work!! I haven't woke up so well before. Beautiful beauty sleep. LOL Which I need lots of!!! 
Here is what I am currently using, but when they run out I am going to try a different one that I get vitamins from online. 

 
 
Melatonin 1 mg
180 Tablets 
Melatonin works in harmony with your natural sleep cycle to nutritionally support sound sleep.* In addition to supporting restful sleep patterns, Melatonin helps maintain nighttime blood pressure levels already within a normal range.*
  • 100% drug free sleep aid for occasional sleeplessness*
  • Supports a relaxed mood at night – which promotes restful sleep*
  • Our tablets are an excellent choice for vegetarians
http://www.naturesbounty.com/product/002832

These where about $2.50 on sale at Fresh Market.



This is what I am going to try...

Melatonin Timed Release by Source Naturals
Source Naturals Melatonin
Source Naturals Timed Release Melatonin is formulated to allow for a gradual release of the active ingredient during an approximate six hour period. This provides the body with a more even absorption of melatonin. Melatonin is a neurohormone produced in humans by the pineal gland. A favorite of travelers, it governs the body's circadian rhythms. Melatonin is also a potent antioxidant.

Melatonin addresses the following body systems:
  • Antioxidant Defense
  • Metabolism/Hormones
  • Cognition / Nerves
  • Immune
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-22188-source-naturals-melatonin-timed-release-2-mg-60-tablets
I am going to try this one because they are gradual release. I haven't tried this brand before, but I believe they will work.  I will let you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment